State and Country Pages in Old Search

Posted by Anne Gillespie Mitchell on November 18, 2009 in Searching for Records

Currently the State and Country Pages in old search (the pages you get to when you click on the maps on the search home page) are not listing data collections as they usually do. We are aware of the problem and are working on fixing it quickly.

Both old and new search are working correctly, it is just these pages that are not listing data collections as they normally do.

I will post an update when they are working.

We appreciate your patience.

The State and Country pages are working again, as are the images from the 1830 US Census.

About Anne Gillespie Mitchell

Comments
1 JoNovember 18, 2009 at 7:24 am

I’m sorry to post about a different problem here but is anyone at Ancestry aware of the 1830 census images not showing up at all? See this message board thread, http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ancestry.ancusc/2804/mb.ashx

2 Anne MitchellNovember 18, 2009 at 8:09 am

Jo, thank you for bringing that to our attention. I missed that on the boards.

I have notified the team that takes care of that and they are working on it.

3 Jim LivermoreNovember 18, 2009 at 8:41 am

Anne,

Does anyone at Ancestry even monitor the board in question?

4 Mary Beth MarchantNovember 18, 2009 at 9:10 am

I just wonder why we the poor subscribers have to notify Ancestry about these problems. Isnt’ anyone watching the store? And when I say “poor” subscribers I am also referring to the amount of money we pay to get these reocrds that we then have to tell y’all are messed up. Maybe y’all should practice “Zero defects” especially in light of becoming a publicly sold company. This kind of thing could adversly affect the stock prices of the investors.

5 ConnieNovember 18, 2009 at 10:02 am

Anne,

I have to take issue with your statement that old search is working correctly. Yesterday afternoon, old search (exact) of the 1850 census was giving me no one with the surname Hancock in Illinois. It finally seemed to correct itself later in the day, but is doing the same thing this morning. I’m not sure about other census years; I’ve only tried 1850 this morning.

6 JoNovember 18, 2009 at 11:22 am

Thank you, Anne. The 1830 census is fixed now.

7 Ronn SheriffsNovember 18, 2009 at 11:22 am

In the past I have been able to take the name of a relative back in 1700-1800 and find famous people related to them – now I can no loner find the site to do this – where is it

8 Andy HatchettNovember 18, 2009 at 12:57 pm

Ron Re:#7

I hope you have verified each link in that “famous People” thing. It is filled with errors and biological impossibilities. In Fact, it rivals OneWorldTree as a masterpiece of Junkology.