Posted by on October 13, 2009 in Family Trees

Please be aware that the Ancestry.com Family Tree Service will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, 13 October 2009, from 11:00pm through 11:30pm Mountain Daylight Time.

This maintenance will support the continued growth in Ancestry Member Trees traffic.

This tree service downtime will affect Ancestry Member Trees, OneWorldTree, some portions of My Canvas, the sections of the Home Page that are related to Member Trees, and the sections of MyFamily.com that are related to Member Trees. Other than that, all other areas of the site will remain functional.

For the vast majority of our members living outside Mountain Daylight Time, Tuesday, October 13 11:00pm through 11:30pm MDT is the same as…

In London: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 6:00 AM – 6:30 AM
In Melbourne: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 4:00 PM – 4:30 PM
In San Francisco: Tuesday, 13 October 2009 at 10:00 PM – 10:30 PM
In New York: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM – 1:30 AM
In Moscow: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM
In Paris: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 7:00 AM – 7:30 AM

Charlotte Gaughan2

Have tried several times to find some information of the family of Henry Gaughan, County Mayo Ireland.

October 13, 2009 at 2:35 pm
Mary Beth Marchant

Thanks for giving us a headsup on the maintenance. I did not see it until all of a sudden the site was not available. However, I quickly checked the blog and found the answer.

October 13, 2009 at 11:32 pm
Warren Strumpfer

How did U know about my FTM 2010 Problem?

October 14, 2009 at 1:43 pm
Lester Solnin

I uploaded from my disk on Oct 14. Where can I get the maintainence?

October 14, 2009 at 7:55 pm
James D. Keeline

This may explain why I was unable to perform searches (search.ancestry.com) on Wednesday October 14 for most of the day; I get the “come back soon” page for each search though direct drill downs of city directory images worked. However, I am surprised that a half-hour maintenance window has continued into Thursday morning PDT as I write this.

If there is a problem, fine, keep working on it. However, I think we should be informed. Reporting a serious outage is appropriate for a pay site such as this.

Although I get some pretty regular emails from Ancestry, I did not notice mention of the maintenance window in them. When looking for a site status update I spotted this blog link which I have not viewed before.

James Keeline

October 15, 2009 at 6:48 am
Mary Beth Marchant

What I experienced during the downtime for maintenance was only about 25 minutes and member tree research was back up. It did not affect search capability at all for me, only member tree work.

October 15, 2009 at 8:45 am
john cook

wow this is some thrill for an old alaskan.my dad is one of 16 kids and i am looking for our indian blood which i am so proud of.but having a hard time.ive got the world deluxe so i can find the irishmen too and maybe the great capt. cook.thanks john cook oct 20,2009

October 20, 2009 at 8:53 pm
john cook

first i need to put my family trees?inorder i bought family tree maker put it on line,not realizing i have 2 accounts all my trees are gone and i need help to have the world deluxe only and get me back into the world of relatives of the past.john cook

October 21, 2009 at 6:42 am