As a reminder, don’t forget to join Ancestry.com in Little Rock, Arkansas, at the Federation of Genealogical Societies’ Genealogy Conference for four days of family history, classes, exhibit halls and much, much more.
2009 Federation of Genealogical Societies’ Genealogy Conference
September 2–5, 2009
Little Rock Statehouse Convention Center, Little Rock, Arkansas
Free Track of Ancestry.com Classes – Free to the Public
As part of the conference, Ancestry.com is excited to offer a FREE track of five classes designed to help you get the most out of your Ancestry.com membership. The free classes will be held on Saturday, September 5, from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- 8 am – Getting the Most out of Your Ancestry.com Subscription – Discover how the historical records, tree–building tools, and search tools on Ancestry.com can grow your tree. (Designed for beginning users of Ancestry.com)
- 9:30 am – Best Strategies for Searching Ancestry.com – Learn the best strategies for searching Ancestry.com’s thousands of databases to get the most information about your ancestors. (Designed for beginning to intermediate users)
- 11 am – What’s New on Ancestry.com – Find out about the most recent content, website features, product enhancements, and much more. (Designed for beginning to advanced users)
- 2 pm – Tapping into the Ancestry.com and RootsWeb Community – Discover the tools on Ancestry.com and RootsWeb that can help you find and communicate with other family historians. (Designed for beginning to advanced users)
- 3:30 pm – Getting the Most from Family Tree Maker – Learn how Family Tree Maker can help you more effectively organize, manage, and share your family history. (Designed for beginning to intermediate users of Family Tree Maker)
We’d love to know if you’re coming, so we can make appropriate preparations. Let us know if you’ll be able to attend by RSVPing at this URL: http://AncestryDayLittleRock.eventbrite.com
Conference Classes – Conference registration required to attend
Register to attend the four full days of the conference, which includes more than 150 family history classes taught by more than 50 nationally known family history experts and professionals.
In addition, Tim Sullivan, CEO of Ancestry.com, will be the conference’s keynote speaker. Titled “The Future of Our Past: Preserving Yesterday’s Records for Tomorrow’s Researchers,” Tim’s talk will discuss how technology has and is drastically changing the way we pursue our family history.
Online registration is closed, but walk in registrations are welcome.
Exhibit Hall – Free to the Public
Ancestry.com experts will be on hand to answer questions about the website. Sit in on demonstrations covering Ancestry.com, Family Tree Maker, MyCanvas and more. And don’t miss special conference discounts on various Ancestry.com products.
Ask the Expert — Juliana Smith, popular editor of the Ancestry Weekly Discovery newsletter (formerly the Ancestry Daily News) will be in the Ancestry.com booth to answer your family history questions. Stop by the booth to sign up for a 10–minute, one–on–one time slot with Juliana.
The exhibit hall also features family history vendors from across the country. The exhibit hall is free to the public and is open:
- Thursday, September 3 — 9:30am – 5:00pm
- Friday, September 4 — 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Saturday, September 5 — 9:00am – 5:00pm
The Ancestry.com team looks forward to seeing you in Little Rock!