Ancestry.com is excited to provide attendees of the Federation of Genealogical Societies’ family history conference (September 2-5 in Little Rock, Arkansas) the opportunity to have their family records scanned, for free, on high–speed scanners.
We are bringing two scanners to the conference, and attendees can sign up for up to 15-min sessions to have their family history documents and photographs scanned and saved to a flash drive (provided by Ancestry.com).
Will you be at the FGS conference and bring items to scan? If so, let us know by pre-registering for the scanners using the following link: http://FGSscanners.eventbrite.com
Details about Scanning
- Ancestry.com imaging specialists will operate the scanners
- Ancestry.com is bringing two scanners to the conference: a high–speed, loose–leaf scanner that will scan documents and photographs in full color and a planetary scanner for books and more fragile items
- Attendees will be able to scan about 100 family photographs or documents during a 15–minute session
- Scanned images will be saved to flash drives (provided at no cost by Ancestry.com) and given to attendees. (Note: Scanned images will NOT be uploaded to the Ancestry.com website by Ancestry.com personnel.)
- Due to anticipated demand, conference attendees will be able to sign up for only one scanning session during the conference