Scheduled Family Tree Maintenance (12 May 2009, 1-3 AM MDT)

Posted by Kenny Freestone on May 11, 2009 in Family Trees

Please be aware that the Ancestry.com Family Tree Service will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, 12 May 2009, from 1 AM to 3 AM Mountain Daylight Time.

This maintenance will support the continued growth in Ancestry Member Trees traffic.

This tree service downtime will affect Ancestry Member Trees, OneWorldTree, some portions of My Canvas, the sections of the Home Page that are related to Member Trees, and the sections of MyFamily.com 2.0 that are related to Member Trees. Other than that, all other areas of the site will remain functional.

For the vast majority of our members living outside Mountain Daylight Time, 1:00 – 3:00 AM MDT is the same as…

Coordinated Universal Time: 07:00 – 09:00 AM
In London: 8:00 – 10:00 AM
In Melbourne: 5:00 – 7:00 PM
In San Francisco: midnight – 2:00 AM
In New York: 3:00 – 5:00 AM
In Moscow: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
In Rome: 9:00 – 11:00 AM
In Tokyo: 4:00 – 6:00 PM

Comments
1 RP McMurphyMay 11, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Kenny.

2 M. Diane RogersMay 12, 2009 at 7:30 am

Yes, I too appreciate a heads-up. I am west of you – remember us too.

However, apparently there was also a note on ancestry.ca that parts of .ca might be down 12 May, 3-4 am EDT? The 1901 Canadian census index/images seemed to have been affected. Why wasn’t that note here too? I am an ancestry.com user, but access Canadian records.

Don’t remember a Twitter note about this ancestry.ca downtime either? Just mentions ‘Family Tree maintenance’ ?

3 judyMay 12, 2009 at 4:38 pm

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO CONVERT

THE MOUNTAIN TIME TO OTHER WORLD

WIDE TIMES

yes i am shouting this cos ancestry has done something right for a change.
as yet i have not gone to look at the change so i might be back.

4 judyMay 12, 2009 at 5:15 pm

hi again

well have not played with it really but i ask you this as nicly as i can.

go into old search (hate new search with a passion) and tick exact.

family tree tab of course

put in surname WESTBROOK (take out the type ahead from the father box)

put in ENGLAND and HAMPSHIRE

now bring up the public trees.

ok
i see some work has been done on sorting out by alphabting it but it is screwed up quite a bit. now there are just 2,873 names only which is why i said fill in westbrook as the surname ….please now go and add in WIELD to the parish / city search box. you will find only 1,244 names listed all of which relate to my family. the first page shows the family in normal ABC fasion but when you hit sarah there is winifred just the one entry then back to sarah (50 hits). now go to page 2 and what has happened we now get jane followed by sarah followed by caroline and charlotte. page 3 has charlotte followed by mary anne and so it goes on.

when you concider that there was less than 50 westbrooks within wield for that period and i am frustrated by the lack of concistan ABC listing in this SMALL LIST of my ancesters in one SMALL village which shows 1,244 hits i am glade i am not chasing a name like jones in wales in cardif.

i appreciate some work has gone into reorganising the list but please will you look at the ABC and how to correctly implement it as it will make your subscribers lives a little easier dispite that white elephant new search hampering us.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

ps
if you look up wield hampshire on google you will find that it is only a small village (and the westbrooks consisted of one main brange only as most moved into surrey within the 120ish years in the village.)

5 Irish Genealogical ResearchMay 12, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Thanks for letting us know! It’s helpful to be able to keep on top of these things.

6 JanelleMay 13, 2009 at 8:16 pm

They should do work on it because when I do my family tree I’m getting doubles of people.

7 SarahMay 21, 2009 at 11:04 am

Anyone still haveing problems with the website and viewing your family tree?? The page is not loading correctly and i can not view the actual tree… Very frustrating.

8 Jack NelsonMay 24, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I am worn out with Ancestry.com and have lost patience. I have been a member since 2000 and have paid for the most expensive searches. But for three weeks now I cannot get to what I want. The statement that tells me that what I want is “temporarily” not available has been there for weeks. When I am notified that soemone has added to my family tree, I cannot get to the place because I am told my user name and pasword are incorrect. This asking for too much! I quit and want a refund.

9 Dick HawleyMay 25, 2009 at 6:16 am

Kenny, the preview panes that appear with the new search results don’t display properly in Firefox – to the point that the search is not usable. Firefox has about 15% of the market so would be worth the time to fix. I find it aggravating to have to open Explorer to use the site.

10 Nancy ErwinMay 25, 2009 at 12:58 pm

This is a technical problem.
#1 Newspaper, the name I put in is not highlighted on the page.
#2 When I have added a census reference to my tree, it is duplicating itself. I have to delete one.
#3 The size of any artical request, is not giving 25% 50% etc. Have to adjust each time.
Help!
Thank you for your time, it is appreciated.

Comment on this articleCommenting is open until Monday, 25 May 2009

Looking for help with a specific problem? Try contacting Customer Service.

Discuss more Ancestry.com topics in the Message Boards.