June 26–28, 2009
Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel and Convention Center,
Register today to attend the conference, which includes more than 100 family history classes taught by 55 of the nation’s top experts and professionals, including classes taught by Ancestry.com experts:
- What’s New on Ancestry.com
- Ancestry.com and You, saving the Records of the World
- Getting the Most out of Family Tree Maker
- Using the Ancestry and Roots Web Community to Enhance Your Research
- Searching for Italian Ancestors
- The Mission of Genealogy: Connecting Individuals with Their Family’s History
Register for the conference today and take advantage of the special early–bird registration discount (early–bird deadline is May 14). Download the conference program to learn more about Jamboree classes.
Featured Speaker: Andrew Wait, Sr VP and General Manager of Family History for Ancestry.com
We’re excited that Andrew Wait, Sr VP and General Manager of Family History for Ancestry.com, will be a featured speaker at the Jamboree. Speaking on “The Mission of Genealogy: Connecting Individuals with Their Family’s History,” Andrew will discuss the importance of engaging people in family history work and Ancestry.com’s dedication to ensuring that anyone, anywhere can continue along the path of discovering their own family history.
Stop by the Ancestry.com booth in the conference’s exhibit hall. We’ll have Ancestry.com experts on hand to answer questions about the website and take advantage of special conference discounts on various Ancestry.com products. The exhibit hall also features family history vendors from across the country. The exhibit hall will be open during the following times:
- Friday, June 26: 12:30 pm–7 pm
- Saturday, June 27: 8:30 am–7 pm
- Sunday, June 28: 8:30 am–3 pm (free and open to the public from noon–3)
Free Events – Open to the Public
Stop by the Burbank Airport Convention Center on Friday, June 26, from 9:00 am to noon, for a series of excellent, free family history classes.
Although these events are free, pre–registration is requested because attendance is limited:
- Introduction to Genealogy, Parts I and II: There is no time like the present to explore your family’s past! Learn how to use vital records and census records to piece together your family’s story. Part II, for advanced beginners, focuses on avoiding common mistakes as well as the best tools and Internet resources to expand your research.
- Southern California Genealogical Society Library tour and quick research session. Transportation will be provided from the front of the Marriott hotel.
- Genealogy Librarians’ Boot Camp, conducted by Thomas Jay Kemp, will provide a free, three–hour session introducing practical tools for harried librarians trying to provide the best service to genealogists.
- Kids’ Family History Camp: Designed for ages 8 to 16, this camp introduces children to the joys of exploring their family histories. Participants spend an entertaining morning learning about family history through activities, games and music. Lessons will include badge requirements for Scout genealogy badges.
[…] Anastasia Tyler added an interesting post on Ancestry.com Blog – Â» California, Here We Come!Here’s a small excerptGenealogy Librarians’ Boot Camp, conducted by Thomas Jay Kemp, will provide a free, three–hour session introducing practical tools for harried librarians trying to provide the best service to genealogists. … […]