Tony Brothers

While your update report is perhaps blog-worthy, how many people, six months from now, will think to search a blog for this type of information. Why are you not posting it on the database information page itself? This is absolutely a no-brainer ….. isn’t it?

April 20, 2009 at 12:26 pm
Diane

While maintaining a chronological update on each database’s info page would be great, the fact that Chris posted this level of detail for an existing resource update seems revolutionary for Ancestry.com.

Absolutely none of the updated records apply to me. But guess what? It just saved me valuable time by not having to revisit this source right now. Receiving this immediate degree of detail via the blog really helps the power users to know if they should or shouldn’t revisit that database.

I’ve been planning to drop my 10 yr deluxe annual membership due to the lack of significant content additions and poor communications for revised databases. If this level of detailed communication continues, will definitely reconsider.

Thanks Chris — hope you continue in this direction. I know it is time-consuming but it is critical to power users.

April 20, 2009 at 1:26 pm
terri l mcmurphy

thank you, chris. i need all the records i can get at. this helps, lots.have a gold star for all your hard work! take two, what the heck!

April 21, 2009 at 1:17 am
Sharon Meeker

Thanks for the update. I spent a lot of time going through updated databases looking for new info. This kind of update will save me time. I agree with Tony Brothers though; it would be nice to have a log of updates with the database information itself. Thanks again.

April 21, 2009 at 8:17 am
Mary Beth Marchant

Chris, if you are monitoring this blog, I would sure like my grandfather’s WWI Registration fixed. It would be nice if I could read it-but since it is completely blacked out and only half of it is showing, it is useless to me. Here is the location for that one

Let me know when you fix that one. It’s been that way from the beginning!!!

April 21, 2009 at 8:26 pm
Jade

Chris,

You forgot to put on your list that this also was corrected:

Added: images of
PENNSYLVANIA, Tioga Co, surnames beginning with K through Z

These were indexed in the original upload, but images were missing.

April 22, 2009 at 9:55 am
Ida French

When you look at the recent updates it is clear that the U.S. Content is still on a downward spiral.

April 23, 2009 at 7:06 am
Tony Cousins

Seeing as there is nowhere to report problems at the weekend this may get the word out.

It looks like there are many collections that are not producing results. I was finding Franklin in the England and Wales Christening Records 1530-1906 yesterday – today now I get this messsage “Your Search for Franklin returned no matches”.

Looks like I’m going to have a poor weekend researching – there isn’t any support at the weekend.

TonyC