Join Ancestry.com in Washington, D.C.

Posted by on April 9, 2009 in Company News

Ancestry.com will be in Washington, D.C., this month as an exhibitor at the National Archives’ fifth annual Genealogy Fair, April 22 and 23. The two-day fair, which is free and open to the public, will feature family history classes as well as a vendor area on the Pennsylvania Avenue Plaza. The fair lasts from 9:30 to 4:30 both days. Ancestry.com experts will be on hand at the Ancestry.com booth during those hours to answer questions about the website. We hope you join us in Washington, D.C., for the National Archives’ Genealogy Fair. To learn more about the fair, visit the NARA website.

Comments
1 KatrinaApril 9, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Great news for us in DC or people who are visiting Washington, DC.

Everyone should know that the Archives Building is a Federal Building so remember the security process, not painful, but bear in mind having proper ID.

2 FranApril 10, 2009 at 3:19 pm

I upset by the removal of the USPRI database. I understand about the merge but why??? I used it every day. Now it is just a phone book.

I do like the new e-mail message center. But how do I know that some one opened it and looked at the message. I sent over 100 messages and only received 20 or so back

Is there a general section just to blog on Ancestry?

3 AshleyApril 12, 2009 at 1:33 am

hey are you relaterd to any gleason from texas , Flint Michigan Or West Virgina Llikr Raymond Clay Geaon He Has a Brother named Rockey Gleason and I think Randy Gleason. Raymond was Born in 1951 I do Believe and ha has 3 Daughter by michelle wheeler/Ybarrondo/Hendricks now And a son I don’t Kknow And maybe another daughter by the name of Jamie or Jennifer

4 AnneApril 13, 2009 at 5:53 am

An outreach program to those who wants to check the ancestry background…nice idea…

5 elsie surlesApril 14, 2009 at 6:52 pm

IAM NOT HAPPY WITH ANCESTRY BECAUSE MY SON DIED AND THIS COMPANY HAVE HIM MARRIED. MY SON WAS NEVER MARRIED AND AS THE MOTHER OF A DEAD CHILD I DID NOT NEED THIS. THE TRUTH COULD HAVE BEEN PRINTED CORRECTLY,SO HOW CAN A COMPANY BE TRUSTED TO TELL THE TRUTH?????????

6 BYRONApril 15, 2009 at 1:50 pm

IS ANCESTRY.COM GOING TO UPDATE THEIR IRISH DATA. YOU CAN GET MORE OFF THE FREE WEB.
ANCESTRY,CO,UK DOES WELL, TILL YOU TRY N.IRELAND.

7 helmaApril 15, 2009 at 11:04 pm

By reading this website getting an interest to know more about family history
———–
helma
real estate

[...] Washington, D.C. National Archives Genealogy Fair April 22-23, 2009 Learn more [...]