We plan to upgrade our trees service tonight, adding some fancy new hardware and software. We expect that the service will be unavailable for about 2 hours starting around 1:00 AM mountain time.
This tree service downtime will affect Member Trees, OneWorldTree, some portions of My Canvas, the sections of the Home Page that are related to Member Trees, and the sections of MyFamily.com 2.0 that are related to Member Trees. Other than that, other areas of the site will remain functional.
Have you ever wondered who keeps the service running for you? Here’s a list of the key players tonight and their roles:
- Pause agents (Steve B. will have these paused by 1am)
- Turn off replication (Kelland)
- Take Tree Service offline (Greg)
- Switch database to read-only (Kelland)
- Backup/Restore all transaction logs (Kelland)
- Take all Tree Service web servers out of the vip except one (Becca)
- Change Web.Config settings — including TreeDB1 (Greg & Becca)
- Bring TreeDB1 online (Kelland)
- Test (Chuck)
- Service Broker check / CLR Stored Proc
- Bring Tree Service online (Greg)
- Start agents (Steve B.)
- SQL Jobs (Kelland & Greg)
- Setup Replication (Kelland)
While these folks don’t expect any special thanks for keeping our wonderful trees system running, I am personally glad that they do it. Thanks, Team.