Posted by on October 8, 2008 in World Archives Project

On Thursday, Oct. 23rd, at 8 pm EDT, Ancestry.com will be sponsoring a webinar on its new World Archives Project. Learn more about Ancestry.com’s new community indexing program that gives people around the world the opportunity to save historical records important to them. Register for the webinar here.

jersyn8tv

There must have been some updates from 10/7-10/9/08. I had great difficulty with my tree, as names “just disappeared”. Tonight the names have been readded, but all the documentation AND photos have to be reloaded. This is going to take me a long time all over again.

October 9, 2008 at 7:18 pm
Carol A. H.

Re: Post #1

I have not installed my copy of the 2009 update of FTM. I think I will wait to see if there are other problems that get posted. I am signed up for the Webinar on Oct 23rd.

October 9, 2008 at 7:25 pm
rickyhalderman

Type your comment here.

October 11, 2008 at 12:30 pm
Leo

October 18, 2008 at 11:20 am
Harvey Williams

After finishing my family tree and going to the publish the tree decendents .I can not get the line to work when a family member has children that are not her husbands to show a line going from her to them and not listing them as both the parents to the step child …How do I get the tree to fix this?

November 6, 2008 at 8:46 am
PVH

Is there a way to update Ancestry from FTM? Alternatively, can I publish in Ancestry type book from FTM?

November 6, 2008 at 8:52 am
Terrence

I have not used webcast before and need assistance to asure that I will attend the webcast seminar. The Ancestry.com Blog site has been saved as one of my favorite sites. I have passed all the required test from the sign up site. Is there any further instructions that I need before Nov. 19th?
Now this will sound crazy to the savy user, how do I receive the answers to these questions?
Told you I have no experience…I’m willing to learn so bear with the rookie..lol

November 8, 2008 at 8:01 am
Kees Warmerdam

I can’t import a FTM-16 file (abt 135 Mb) into FTM-2009. It takes about 8 hours, ending with an unknown error. Also importing the same file as GED is not possible.

I’m using Vista with 4 Gb internal memory and Intel Quad CPU 2.66GHz.

November 8, 2008 at 8:04 am
Robin BROOMFIELD

8:00pm EST is 2:00am in the morning here in Switzerland. Would it be possible to record the webinar and allow access to view for europeans?

November 10, 2008 at 8:44 am