Posted by on December 17, 2007 in Family Trees

Starting at about 11:00 PM tonight (Mountain Standard Time) our Tree Service will be down—we estimate this will last a few hours.

We’re doing this because we are rolling some really cool new features to the site, but this will require some down time. We’ve chosen to do this at night in order to minimize the down time for customers both in North America and in the UK.

This tree service downtime will affect Member Trees, OneWorldTree, some portions of Ancestry Press, the sections of My Ancestry that are related to Member Trees, and the sections of MyFamily.com 2.0 that are related to Member Trees.

We apologize for the downtime, and hope to delight you with the new features you’ll find when we are back up!

eikler j.vilmos

hy my name EIKLER JóZSEF VILMOS-hungarian/romanian, age 36.my e-mail adress:eikler@vipmail.hu and MSN:whiskys72@freemail.hu.

December 18, 2007 at 11:31 am
Leonard Noland

Thanks for the wonderful new “Save Photo” feature to allow us to share photos between member trees. This will be a big help for us. And it is wonderful to be able to look at the photo details and see that it is connected/shared to the other tree as well.

What other enhancements are there? I feel like I am hunting for treasure trying to find out what is new! LOL

Please let us know what the enhancements are.

Thanks
Leonard

December 18, 2007 at 11:49 am
Leonard Noland

We need a search capability into the photos of our member tree. For example we know there is a photo somewhere in the tree with certain keywords in the picture name and/or description, and we want to be able to see all photos in a list that match search criteria for word in those.
Allow search on the fixed categories we already have:
Show all photos that are:
Portrait/Family Photo
Site/Building/Place
Headstone
Document/Certificate
Other

matching wildcard searches on
Picture Name
Description
Location
Date
and other fields contained in the photo type like the Document/Certificate has.
Also allow searching photos on those attached to wildcard matching on first name, Surname.

December 18, 2007 at 1:26 pm
Leonard Noland

We need search capability into the stories in a member tree.
We need wildcard searching of stories matching on Story Title, Story Text, Description, Location, Date, and individual names attached to the story.
For example show me all stories that have individuals attached with a surname matching *NOLAN*
or title or story body or description, etc matching *picnic”

December 18, 2007 at 1:33 pm
Leonard Noland

Thanks for these wonderful new enhancements to the family tree hints and merging of individuals data/sources. I have been trying it out and it is wonderful.
I found this on the oneworldtree/public tree hints.

December 18, 2007 at 2:47 pm
eikler j.vilmos

hy!
leonard you write for me?

dont anderstant because not speak englis,I cant wery little englis .sorry!!!hungarian and romanian language it’s ok.

December 19, 2007 at 5:45 am
eikler j.vilmos

I interesing from EIKLER(name) family,because my name is EIKLER!!!
my name in englis EIKLER JOSEPH VILIAMS,my fater:EIKLER VILIAMS,and my grandfater EIKLER JOSEPH.
sorry from defectiv write,y cnow little englis

December 19, 2007 at 5:53 am
eikler j.vilmos

Im werry heppy because exist EIKLER name and family europa outside!

December 19, 2007 at 6:01 am
graham woodhall

New features what’s the point ? The system is overloaded, access just gets slower and slower and more staggered.

Ancestry blame your PC, no they are over subscribe and their systems can’t cope.

They just want our money !!
graham woodhall

December 20, 2007 at 8:35 pm
WBecktel

I think that it was deceptive and UNDERHANDED to simply delete FIVE YEARS OF RESEARCH without any indication that you would do so upon conversion to the new trees format.

I WILL be passing this on to constituent powers who NEED to know what kind of President Mitt Romney will be !!!!!!

December 21, 2007 at 5:05 pm
Jerry McDaniel

Trying to do most searches on Dec 28 was a true abomination in making any real progress. Today seems to be starting out the same. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Am I ticked? You betcha.

December 29, 2007 at 9:50 am
eikler j.vilmos

happy new year!!!evrybady

December 31, 2007 at 1:40 pm
chris caraher

“Bugs!” You apparently have plenty!!

We are told that we can continue to add data, etc., via the old Ancestry system. Yeah…& all disappears, even on Rootsweb!! That’s 2 databases of mine.
Think it’s time I delete.
The “new” system stinks!!! I’d started something (my husband’s people), but doubt it’ll continue: it’s just too much of a hassle as compared to the old system.
Time for me to “bug out”!!!

January 2, 2008 at 9:44 am
roger marsh

i have transfered my tree to the new site it states 100% complete when you go into the new site the tree is blank your comments please

January 11, 2008 at 12:30 pm
George Becking

This addition to your vast database is great. What I see missing is no mention of adding to the Netherlands collection. My ancestors came from the area in Germany that is very close to the Germany/Netherlands border around Vreden, Germany. I have traced my ancestors to that part of Germany, but suspect that they came from across the border in the late 1600′s/early 1700′s. The absence of data from the Netherlands in that era has prevented me from adding your International database to my source of research.

January 17, 2008 at 8:03 am
P. Read

How can I find more info on Michael Casey shown on an Ancestry page. He is listed on a family page in my Grandmother’s Bible. She included the entire birthdat. d.m.y. She listed him as Mike Casey. I have enquired from family if anyone knows
who he was or how he fits in my family. No luck. Is he a “skeleton”?

February 15, 2008 at 8:17 pm
Janice Dallas

Try to use help, but it won’t allow you to do anything then it freezes.

May 14, 2008 at 5:59 pm
Patti

I had 4 on-line trees. I tried adding them to Ancestry world tree, but webpages will not show any info whatsoever. How can I view my on-line trees & print them off before they become totally inaccessible? AUGH!

July 8, 2008 at 5:20 pm
brandon

How accurate are the records when building your tree and it goes on into the 8th and 9th centuries?

August 13, 2008 at 7:23 pm