Event Archive Now Available

Posted by Ancestry.com on October 31, 2007 in Family Tree Maker

The event archive for the Family Tree Maker 2008 Webinar is now available for public viewing.

The original event was broadcast on Thursday, October 25, 2007 at 8:30 EDT. The duration is 60-minutes.

Please click the following link to launch the archived Webinar.

Family Tree Maker 2008 Webinar

Comments
1 FranNovember 1, 2007 at 10:24 am

I was unable to view the presentation. After clicking, I got a window loaded that was blank. I had a note that there was an error on the page which changed to done at the bottom of a blank window. I must be doing something wrong, but I do not know what.

2 Malcolm ButterworthNovember 1, 2007 at 12:56 pm

I hope the developers are aware that .net 2 will be replaced by .net3 or .net 3.5
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2

3 sharon LeeNovember 1, 2007 at 3:40 pm

I have been working on my family tree for about 5+ years and everytime I try to update it I always have problems like not being able to upload it to update Is there anyway you can send it to me on my e-mail or tell me another way I tried to copy it but came up blank do I have to start anothre one an lose all the work i have already done Also it ask fo a c/c what am I paying for ?

4 KevinNovember 1, 2007 at 5:48 pm

I feel much better after listening to the webinar about your sincerity toward correcting issues with the product. Although I think the release was premature, I will support you all through the correction process.

[...] that have been asked in this blog, in the feedback form, to the Member Services team, and in the Webinar, one common theme is the book building capability of Family Tree [...]

6 World CitizemNovember 3, 2007 at 1:54 am

More unprofesssional JavaScript crap.
And yet another way to collect our emails.
Still looking for ways to spam even more people about your broken products and greedily expensive subscriptions…
You have no morals at all.

7 Angry UserNovember 3, 2007 at 1:56 am

Why you demand my email?!
Why don’t you just put it up?!?
This is not open and honest.
This is using your mistakes for email harvesting.
Stupid Ancestry spammers.

8 SharonNovember 8, 2007 at 6:09 am

The “link” takes me to the 10-25-07 webinar registration fields. It’s a bit late to register for the webinar. I would like to see the archived event. How can I do that? And then it takes some furious clicking to get back to this page. Please fix.

9 W ClaytonNovember 8, 2007 at 2:17 pm

Your link to
Family Tree Maker 2008 Webinar
Does not work. Only takes one to the Registration for the original Webinar. The execution of this is just as poor as FTM2008 which is the worse piece of software (of any kind) that I have ever purchased. You have needed a bunch of Beta Testers who, like me, actually do real ongoing Genealogy. Not folks who are hyped on niche things that can help your marketing or used to do active work. Virtually every single thing I actively do in research is more difficult to do in some way in FTM2008. I went against my initial reluctance to purchase a ‘nes” piece of software after 2 rounds of e-mail with one of the staff who convinced me the program is much more interactive with the Ancestry Site when one has a full subscripiton. I would agree there are more “hits” that pop up, but they are far less likely to be possible or accurate. For only one example, use a female maiden name when your data shows she was married and you sitll get dozens to hundreds of matches with maiden names decades after marriage. That is just plain Stupid!

10 Benjamin NettesheimNovember 9, 2007 at 2:44 pm

Viewing the event archive does require a registration. Unregistered users will be taken to the original registration page. After registering, user will see a “Launch Presentation” button at the bottom of the page. This will launch the Webinar, which originally aired on October 25th. If you do not want to be contacted via email do not check the “You may contact me by email” box.

11 Benjamin NettesheimNovember 15, 2007 at 3:26 pm

On24 has provided to us a link that allows users to view the Webinar without registering. That link is now part of the original post labeled as “Family Tree Maker 2008 Webinar

Comment on this articleCommenting is open until Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Looking for help with a specific problem? Try contacting Customer Service.

Discuss more Ancestry.com topics in the Message Boards.