Posted by on October 15, 2007 in Ancestry.com Site

As many of you noticed, we had some technical difficulties with AncestryPress on Saturday. Our talented engineers were able to fix the problems within a couple of hours, and the application has been working well ever since. I apologize on behalf of the entire team for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Now that we’ve gotten through the initial launch period, I expect that these types of problems will be quite rare. When a technical issue does arise, our software engineers are always notified immediately and are quick to respond. If you ever encounter a technical issue while you’re working in AncestryPress, please send us a message through the Feedback link so that we can look into the problem.

AncestryPress automatically saves your changes every five minutes and every time you leave a page, so even in a worst-case scenario, you won’t loose more than a few minutes of your work. Of course, we know that your time is precious, and we’re working very hard to make sure the application is working smoothly all the time. Thanks as always for your patience and support!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

NOTE: AncestryPress is now MyCanvas

In October 2008, AncestryPress was relaunched under the name MyCanvas. It is still a free, online software program provided by Ancestry.com. For current information about products and features, please see my more recent blog posts.

Ryan

I just wanted to say thanks for fixing it so fast. So thanks! :]I’m back having fun working on my book.

October 16, 2007 at 2:46 pm
Carrie

I have not been able to get my project to load from day 1! Please help! I have turned off my popup blocker and reloaded my flash player. What could be causing my project to lock up with 1% left to load with no errors?

October 16, 2007 at 2:57 pm
Kirsten Forrester

I have started two projects in Ancestry.com and was working away nicely until a couple of weeks ago. when I try to access my already created projects, Ancestry.com logs me out continuously. PLEASE HELP! very frustrating.

October 17, 2007 at 6:20 pm
D Gravett

I’m thrilled, once it gets working and I can create projects again.

I’d like to be able to add embellishments from my pc as well.

October 18, 2007 at 11:29 pm
Mary Jane Solano

I am having a problem including all of my grandparents children in the family group. I would like to do a family book and would like all of my grandparents children listed, the program is only allowing 16 children and I need 21 children listed.

Help

November 15, 2007 at 12:41 pm
Jann Woodard

I have not been able to log onto my ancestry account or family trees for three days. I’ve used the same username and password for eight years. I’ve sent numerous messages regarding my problem and never get any help. There isn’t a phone number listed to call. Ironic that Ancestry billed my visa and I can’t even use it. There needs to be a better way to communicate problems. If anyone is reading this, would you please help me.

February 20, 2008 at 6:59 pm
Mary Williams

I just started a book last night. The one thing I couldn’t find was an index within the book to be able to go to a certain page. I didn’t want to have to click on each page to see what name was on it, I wanted to go to a specific person.
I know this book will never do for my family. Three generations and only 100 pages. My husband’s g-g-g-grandfather had several children and by husband’s g-g-grandfather had 16. One of the other kids g-g-Uncled was married three times and had children by each marriage. That is two generations.
I would have to make more than 10 books to cover his father and his mother’s side of the family. That doesn’t include my side at all.

April 3, 2008 at 5:35 am
Jackie Green

I finished my history book project and had three books ordered. The books were great, but I noticed some mistakes I had made, so I edited a few things in the book, saved my work and ordered two more books published. Those books came to me with some pages blank of their content. I went online on two different computers to see what had happened in my project, and the pages missing content would not even load.
Because I logged on with two different computers, a desk top, then a lap top, I believe something is wrong at Ancestry Press, and the fault is not with my computers.
Now people are ordering my book, and are going to get it with blank pages and content missing.

April 13, 2008 at 11:53 am
Roberta B. Pittman

I cannot download the new Viewer. Whenever I click on the DOWNLOAD button, it hangs up my computer. No matter what I click on, on that page, it hangs up. I can’t even notify you from that website.

April 17, 2008 at 3:05 pm
Jem

I feel I must add my gripe to this list!

I have been a loyal subsciber to Ancestry for many years now (world deluxe), but I am becoming increasingly pissed off with the web site issues of late and the inability to display images! It is seriously interrupting, and delaying my research and causing me to question my subscriptions value. At $300 it isn’t cheap!

Meanwhile, time and resources are wasted on developing a “new Search” (which I’ve tested, and frankly, so far is rubbish by comparison to the existing system) instead of focusing on delivering current quality service to their users!!

Come on Ancestry – get your act together and put the horse back in front of the cart!

May 12, 2008 at 12:00 pm
Frankie Krausse

When are you going to fix the problem????? with the freezing of the screens when accessing either census’, wwii or for that matter any jpg. You can’t downlowad the “New Viewer” All I get to do is turn shut down my computer because it is in a freezing mode. Oh yes this is my third message in various parts of the blog and no one answers. My email is at the top, under my name. Please respond to this issue or atleast let us know what is going on.

May 28, 2008 at 9:53 am
Jay

I too have a gripe, for some reason Ancestry has recently become virtually unusable due to the slowness of the pages to load. Nothing has changed on my computer, so don’t go that route, come on Ancestry, I have paid my fees, where is my content?

November 24, 2008 at 8:31 pm
Donna

I just signed up for my membership and now I am unable to logon with my confirmed username and password. It will not accept my provided email address either.

Becoming a little worried about this website.

Please advise.