Welcome!

Posted by Ancestry.com on September 25, 2007 in Company News

Welcome to the Ancestry Blog! We’ve created this Ancestry blog as the place to keep you connected with what’s going on at Ancestry.com. It’s a place to learn about new additions – our products, content, features and other services – as we develop them. Here you will read blog posts from the people who create and develop these products and features for Ancestry.com.

You’ll find blog posts on all sorts of Ancestry.com topics: content and digitization, family trees and other site features. Learn the latest company news, see what the press has to say about the company, even offer your opinion in interactive polls. Read posts from the people who are continually working to improve Family Tree Maker, Ancestry Press, DNA Ancestry, Ancestry print publications and many other products. Chat with Tim Sullivan, president and CEO of The Generations Network, parent company of Ancestry.com.

And, we want to hear from you. We hope you’ll leave comments and offer your thoughts, ideas and other opinions. Share your ideas on what works, what needs to improve and what you’d like to see on the site in the future.

Comments
1 JasiaSeptember 25, 2007 at 5:29 pm

Welcome to the genealogy blogging community. I look forward to reading your articles.

Creative Gene
Creative Genealogy

2 Alvie L. Davidson CGSeptember 26, 2007 at 1:55 am

Thank you for creating this Ancestry blog for those who work with all the material inside Ancestry. I am hoping this will be just another way to communicate with all the other good folks in Ancestry. I strongly feel there are more and better ways we can help and I, for one, would love to be given this opportunity.

3 Joy RichSeptember 26, 2007 at 10:27 am

Please indicate on your home page when comments on a post have been made. The line “Leave a comment” doesn’t make it evident.

4 Catherine MellSeptember 28, 2007 at 1:34 am

Thank you for the blog. Hopefully, we will be able to translate it into French and add it within Ancestry.fr – the 8th site part of TGN.

Merci !
Catherine Mell
Marketing Consultant at Ancestry.fr

5 AthenaOctober 10, 2007 at 3:14 pm

“Some basic HTML is allowed for formatting.”

Where can we see what is allowed?
Can we use bold, italic, or underline? What else is supported?

6 Beryl BlicksteinOctober 15, 2007 at 6:33 pm

I have been trying to find some kind of workaround for the incredibly slow response of FTm 2008. Thus far, my emails to FTm have not been answered. Therefore I must recommend to my local genealogy group that we carefuly avoid using or depending on this terribly flawed product at this time.

It would be nice if i could see some kind of assurance by the software people that the performance issues are being addressed. then i could at least report that you are working on them.

7 AthenaDecember 2, 2007 at 11:40 am

Where can we see what is allowed?

How about this one?

8 TonyJanuary 1, 2008 at 8:55 pm

I think a recall for FTM 2008 is in order and a refund to all that purchased this unworkable program.

9 marlene stevensonJanuary 5, 2008 at 5:41 pm

You used to publish a weekly newsletter that could be downloaded and printed. I can’t find it.

10 SharynFebruary 14, 2008 at 12:22 pm

I and another friend are struggling with FTM08
I am finding that it enters names TWICE. Meaning one must be deleted or merged. I dread doing either. Also the sourcing windows are unintelligible.
Am I the only one having these problems?

I presented a genealogy program to my community group yesterday and could not recommend FTM008.

11 AthenaFebruary 29, 2008 at 9:45 am

“Some basic HTML” is allowed for formatting.

Could someone please provide instructions about what is and is not allowed. BLOCKQUOTE was working a few weeks ago but now it has no effect. There is no way to know how a message will look until it is posted and no way to edit it.

12 Carol RandallMarch 15, 2008 at 7:02 pm

I totally hate FTM 2008! It is very
user UN-friendly! Slow, slow, slow.
After about a month of this, I went
out and bought version 16 and loaded
it, un-installed 2008 and now I am
a happy camper again! Problem is, I
just wasted a whole bunch of money
but, Oh well! I realize new programs
take while to work out all the kinks
but my main question is, why did you
change it so dramatically from the
old version? I have used FTM for many
years and have always been happy with
every new up-grade until this one. So
maybe you need to re-think this whole
format and go back to what you did
right before.

13 Marguerite DavisMarch 20, 2008 at 6:45 pm

Please tell me how to find the family forums which were once on Family Tree Maker.

14 Bob KnowsJune 29, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Looking for Danny Lee Jones who was born July 21, 1952

15 Jamie MitchellAugust 4, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Could someone help me in finding some information on Henderson Webb or Ollie Roach form Hot Springs Ar. neither one is living anymore. I need to find out something about my birth family. I know my brothers and sisters but I need to find out more about my birth parents and where they came from. I have some names but need to go back further.Henderson’s mothers name was Mellisa Wright Webb.
Thanks Jamie

16 Jamie MitchellAugust 4, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Could someone help me in finding some information on Henderson Webb or Ollie Roach from Hot Springs Ar. neither one is living anymore. I need to find out something about my birth family. I know my brothers and sisters but I need to find out more about my birth parents and where they came from. I have some names but need to go back further.Henderson’s mothers name was Mellisa Wright Webb.
Thanks Jamie